Apple Watch OS2 Calendar issues - Exchange users

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dman999, Sep 23, 2015.

1. dman999 macrumors newbie

dman999

Well... I have never really gotten the calendar to work well with Apple Watch. This is one of the more important things I was looking for... having my appointments up to date, on my wrist with reminders, etc. Well, with Watch OS2 it appears to have gone from bad to worse!

In earlier OS, appointments would not consistently update, would not sync correctly, etc. You had to toggle the switch to "private" in order to get it to show... rendering it pretty much useless.

Now in WatchOS2, NONE of my calendar appointments are showing on my watch. Zero. I have tried everything. I have reset everything. Rebooted everything 20 times. Repaired. and I notice "Reset Sync Data" does not even work in the app.

Anyone else having these challenges with calendar??? ugh.

2. dman999 thread starter macrumors newbie

dman999

Apparently this is a known issue with customers trying to use enterprise Exchange data on Apple Watch w/ WatchOS 2. Appears Apple moved the calendar data into protected storage. The impact is now enterprise calendar is protected as enterprise data and can only be opened by "enterprise" apps. Super! Apple has yet to provide a way for personal calendars and enterprise calendars to co-exist on the watch calendar app.

One would think someone at Apple would have thought that through... sheesh.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7231439

3. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

Does using a third party app like Fantastical get around it? I have not yet updated to iOS9 and Watch OS2, but Fantastical has been working great on both my iPhone and Watch for both my Exchange Online (Office 365) calendar and my Google calendars. Fantastical does rely on the iPhone's native Exchange activesync though, so I don't know if it will have the same issue or not. There are other calendar apps that can authenticate directly to Office 365 (but may not work for on-premise Exchange servers).

Sean

4. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Seems to work great for me. Occasionally the complication will get stuck and not show what I expect it to but resetting sync data usually takes care of it. I've got multiple calendars spread across Exchange, iCloud, and Gmail accounts.

5. tortoise128 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the Fantastical suggestion. I've got the same problem with my Exchange calendar, and installing Fantastical restores my diary to the watch.

I'd love to see a Fantastical complication as this would get my diary back within the watch-face. Does anyone know if there are plans for this?

6. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

Just saw this 10 minutes ago:

"Fantastical 2.5 for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch are receiving their final changes and bug fixes. We’re almost there and we hope to have everything sent to Apple within the next week. Of course we’re talking about software, so this could slip based on what we’re able to accomplish in the next few days. But rest assured that they’re coming very soon.
    We’re most excited about our 2.5 update for iPad update which brings support for iOS 9’s iPad multitasking, including Slide Over and Split View. It was a lot of work to implement, but we’re excited about the future of iPad productivity and 2.5 will make it even easier for you to be productive.

…and last but not least, for those of you who have been asking: Yes! Fantastical 2.5 for iPhone will include Complications for Apple Watch!"

7. baarkingmadman macrumors newbie

baarkingmadman

2 days into Watch OS2 and my calendar complication seems to be different/better, but so far I've only had one "live" test. Used to be when an invitation came from my work account, and I accept on my watch (after which it appears on the watch), then I could also accept on my desktop (which would erase the event from my watch/complication, though still on the phone). Now, with one meeting this week I accepted on my watch, showed up in complication, and then went to desktop but this time no option to accept, so no erase from watch. If this is consistent behavior then my number one gripe with watch is solved. (Don't ask why I would accept invitations in both watch and PC, I just did, often by accident, then out of curiosity to see if the error was repeatable, which it was.)

8. tortoise128 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info.....great news

9. asakalla macrumors newbie

I'm also facing the same issue since updating to OS2. I have confirmed that exchange calendar is causing the problem because when I remove the whole account from my phone including email, my other calendars like Google and icloud show up again on my watch. I have a case pending with apple support but still no fix. They have no idea how to fix it. Last thing I tried was the iOS 9.0.1 update but that also did not work. I will keep you all updated.

10. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

Let us know what happens. I'm waiting to update my iPhone and Apple Watch because this is a really busy week at work for me and I just need all my stuff to work. I might update everything this weekend though. My Exchange account is through Office 365 and we are full Azure Active Directory with no optional restrictions placed on mobile devices other than requiring a PIN or passcode on the device if you want to use the native apps. Which does bring up a question: Do you have the passcode enabled on your watch? If it's not enabled then that might be running afoul of the Exchange server's mobile device policy settings.

Sean

11. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Odd, so far since upgrading my work exchange calendar on the watch has finally shown all my meetings up. (And I had loads of issues on 1.01) I am however looking forward to the fantastical complication though..

12. RTI69 macrumors newbie

Any ideas on a fix for this exchange calendar issue? I have two apple watches and only updated one of them to os2. Today I paired up my original one which was not updated to os2 and now all is fine. Would love to be able to access calendar on os2. Thoughts?

13. Roller macrumors 68020

Exchange calendar appointments and meetings are showing up properly for me. Maybe it has to do with the version of Exchange?

I haven't yet checked to see if a bug I discovered recently (canceled meetings would appear as if they weren't canceled) in the calendar complication.

I would love to see a calendar complication that not only shows the name, time, and location of the event, but also the length of time until the event starts. However, that would require more space than the modular face allows. So I'd also like a modular face that lets me delete some modules to make room for others.

14. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Exchange and personal calendars seem to be working correctly on my AW with OS2. I have two Office 365 Exchange accounts linked plus my iCloud calendars. All have worked consistently since I got the watch. Maybe the problems are related to local Exchange implementations or the versions of Exchange.

For those of you with problems, are your employers locally hosting and managing the Exchange server, or are they on Office 365?

15. jalm1 macrumors newbie

I am having this issue since i upgraded to watch OS2. The only calendar that appears on the watch is the iCal feed for tripit, i do not get my google calendar (personal) or enterprise (exchange - with a number of restrictions). I figured it was some setting my IT has yet to update (they are telling us NOT to update to iOS9 - no word on watchOS), but it sounds like it might be a lager Apple issue, which mean hopefully it gets fixed.

16. RTI69 macrumors newbie

I have been having the same issue since upgrading to OS2 and ios9 earlier this week. Today I received my new iPhone6s and set up as a new iPhone and then added all of my exchange and personal related emails. To my pleasant surprise when I paired my watch the calendar function is now working again. Wish I could provide more info to help other than the fact that I just essentially started from scratch with everything due to the new phone.

17. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

If it's a similar big as was in the previous version then don't count your chickens. If I forced a sync it would be great for a while then the problem would be back...
    Just noticed that my google calendar isn't fully syncing - updated an appointment on the iPad which wouldn't update anywhere else...