Apple watch payment confusion

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jamesk811, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Jamesk811 macrumors 6502

I managed to purchase my Apple watch with black sport band with delivery date of 24th April to 8th may plus Apple care protection. I also purchased another Apple watch sport on another order and a black leather loop on a third order. However, I checked my bank account and all payments have already been charged by Apple EXCEPT my apple watch with sport band. The Apple care charge was made which was on the same order as the watch but the money hasn't come out from my bank account for the actual watch. They won't cancel my order will they because I think I may have had insufficient funds on that card which has now been rectified.

2. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

Who do you think might be in the best position to help you here...?

Not trying to be a smart ar** but have a chat with Apple, surely they can help you. :)

3. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

That is common... Apple care, accessories, etc... anything that is in stock and ready to ship gets charged first. The actual device/watch will get charged a few days before it actually ships.

4. Jamesk811 thread starter macrumors 6502

But that doesn't explain why my second watch purchase for my wife (same card) was charged??

----------

It's midnight Friday night in Australia. Sales support not available until Monday morning. I wouldn't be posting on this forum if it was during their customer support hours. This is the only reason I thought I would jump on here to see if anyone else had the same issue...

5. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

Fair point my firend, no harm done. Didnt know you live in Australia :cool:

6. jryu90 macrumors member

jryu90

I pre-ordered the Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic Buckle last night. Received my confirmation email at 3:12am EST (Delivers: 4/24-5/8). Made a second pre-order for the 42mm Black Sport Band. Received my confirmation email at 3:30am EST.

Both orders show up as "Processing Items" when I go on to the site to check their order statuses, however, neither order has been charged to my PNC debit card. I checked my bank account online, and I have no charge nor hold from Apple. Interestingly enough, Passbook does show my recent transaction for the 42mm Black Sport Band.

I called Apple Customer Support just to make sure (also had to change a detail in my billing address) and the service agent reassured me that the charge will will be made the day it ships out, so a few days before delivery.