Apple Watch Poor Speaker phone Volume

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jmiracle299, Nov 2, 2015.

1. jmiracle299 macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced low sound volume on Apple watch speaker phone?
    After paying this much money for a supposedly quality top of line smart watch, I feel that Apple could have done better as far as the sound volume on the watches speaker phone. No matter how much adjusting the sound is piss poor.Compared to less priced Smart watches ie. Martians watch and, Samsung Gear S.

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

That's my main gripe with the current Apple Watch as well. The room has to be completely quiet. Any noise and you have to almost hold it against your ear.

At the same time it's not my main feature with the watch so it's nice to have but could be better. And something Apple will definitely improve with second gen. I remember the first iPhone having really low volume speakers as well.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

The speaker is so small and all the sounds has to go through such a small opening that I could never use it for phone calls and never tried again after my first few tries. Many have complained about the same but I do not think there is much that can be done.

4. cchunk macrumors 6502

yeah i completely agree. Ive had my watch for about 2 weeks and I've tried using it to call people but stopped trying after two times where i couldn't hear a thing they were saying while driving. Everything else is great though. Definitely expecting an improved speaker in the next version

5. papbot macrumors 6502

I don't know if it varies from one to the other or between models, but mine and my wife's are quite loud. Only if there is loud background noise do I have any problem hearing the caller. Sometimes my wife is in another room of our house and I can hear the caller's voice well enough to identify the person. I can't make out the words but if I know the voice I can tell who it is.

Anyway very pleased with this and use it more than I ever thought I would.