Apple Watch Pre-Order Delivery Address Gamble

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Foss, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Foss macrumors 6502

Foss

I am very tempted to get the watch delivered to my workplace (small corporate office) when I pre-order the watch. So if the stars align correctly (as in I get the pre-order in for the first wave,) I should get it delivered to my desk day one, Friday 4/24. However, if it doesn't, then I'll have to wait to the following Monday when our office are open again to get my watch.

The other option is to get it delivered to my home and get it when it comes in. That is probably the safer option, but I feel like a gamble. I'm sure that I'm not the only person in this quandary. Any suggestions?

2. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Have them hold it at the distribution hub and not even make the delivery attempt. That way you can get it once you're off work.

That or call in sick

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm taking the day off so I WILL be there :)

I hope they dont deliver it at 8pm like they did with my iphone 6+ :mad:

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I always have my preorders delivered to my office. Never had a problem yet. Not sure why you think it's a gamble -- if UPS/FedEx say they'll deliver it on Friday, it'll be there on Friday, absent major accident or natural disaster.

5. SgtPepper23 macrumors regular

i'm having it delivered to my university address, thankfully universities get priority deliveries quickly!

6. Foss thread starter macrumors 6502

Foss

It's a bit of a gamble, if my pre-order doesn't come in Friday. Then I would have to wait till Monday. Has your experience pre-ordering as soon as the flood gates open resulted in delivery on the release day?

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, in every instance. When you place your pre-order, you get a "delivers by" date. If that day is the launch day, then your product gets there on launch day. UPS/FedEx go all out to ensure they deliver them on launch day. They won't go, "Oh, this truck is full, we'll save it for Monday." If the truck is full, some other non-launch delivery will be kept off the truck. Get what I mean?

8. Foss thread starter macrumors 6502

Foss

Thanks for the input! It looks like delivery to the office by ordering at 3:00 AM Eastern time is the plan.

9. MyPad macrumors member

I'm doing the same actually. Primarily because I won't be home to sign for the package. I could take the day off but it's easier to have it shipped to the office.

I've preordered a couple iPhones and an iPad and they've always arrived on launch day. It's probably the safest way to go. Just keep an eye on the front door and make sure everyone doesn't leave for lunch at the same time.

10. Foss thread starter macrumors 6502

Foss

I work in an open floor space startup-ish NYC office. So I have a view of the elevator doors from my desk on my right and the new WTC on my left. :) Every time the elevators open, I will be looking on the 24th.