Apple Watch pre-Series II

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ivanwi11iams, Sep 10, 2016.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I know Apple are about to release a new Apple Watch, the Series II. But, they aren't even selling the current Apple Watch. Surely they have excess stock, no?

Looking to get another Apple Watch (42mm Stainless Steel). I don't need the GPS and all that (not a runner, sport person, etc.).
    Even Best Buy seem to be sold out, too.

2. gigaguy, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

gigaguy macrumors 65816

They tweaked the original and now it's offered as 'Series 1', so seems they let orig stocks get low to reconfigure it with a new processor to keep selling it. -is my guess. and they also built the more updated Series 2 to sell along with it.

3. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

I think he is stating that the only way to get an SS now is to buy the series 2. He wants a series 1, since he doesn't need the features.

My bet is to buy as soon as you can if you can find one, because they wouldn't have been too popular when compared to the standard sport version, as the price tag was way more (with metal bands, coupled), so they will definitely sell out pretty fast. I wouldn't expect it to be this soon though. Series 2 isn't even shipping yet haha.

4. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Oh, I forgot, no SS in Series1.
    Watch Best Buy if you must have retail, but Craigslist or ebay will have a better bargains. esp after the new Watches get delivered.

5. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

Prices for the stainless series 0 are dropping on swappa