Apple Watch Public Beta?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by punchdrunk55, Jun 6, 2017.

1. punchdrunk55 macrumors member

When installing the new beta profile on my 6s last night it popped up the option to install profile on iphone or Watch. I installed it on the phone first and then the watch after. Not sure if this means that Apple will be doing a public beta for WatchOS 4 but I put the profile on there just in case.

Anyone else get this option?

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

wOS is integrating into iOS and this is just 'baked in'. It has always been there and is just a null in the public and AppleSeed betas,

3. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

There will almost certainly not be an Apple Watch public beta. There is no way to downgrade WatchOS short of sending it to Apple. They are adding tvOS to the public beta program, though.

The iOS and WatchOS betas are separate. I'm currently running iOS 11 dp 1, but there's no way I'm putting dp 1 on my Watch. It's going to stay on Watch OS 3.2.3 for at least the first two dps, no matter how much I want to try the new Music syncing features and Exercise-Music integration.

4. RadioGaGa1984, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

you aint missing nothing so far the music stuff, at least on my watch is a clusterF*ck

The reason they probably added more tap controls to the AirPods is they no longer can be controlled on the watch at least not in DP1 the music seems to be 2 different things iPhone and watch.

5. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

Thanks for the report. I listen to podcasts--iCatcher 3.0 beta--as much or more than music on my Watch lately, but I definitely do have those runs when I'm in the mood for music. I definitely can't upgrade until Music is working well. (I bike too, but I carry my phone in my jersey then, so I just listen from the phone.)