Apple Watch Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nando97l, Apr 27, 2015.

1. nando97l macrumors newbie

Ok so my apple watch sport should be arriving sometime in May, in the meantime i have a question that i can't see has been answered anywhere yet. Im looking forward to using my Apple Watch in the gym so that i don't have to carry my phone whilst working out to listen to music ect. Is it possible for me to leave my phone in the locker and have the phone push my notifications to my watch over the gyms public wifi? thanks

2. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

3. nando97l thread starter macrumors newbie

oh thats great then, how does the apple watch know what wifi to connect to, does it automatically connect to the same wifi network as the iPhone?

4. jjlannoo Suspended

It copies the list from your phone. So it needs to be setup there and working first before the watch goes out of bluetooth range of the phone.

5. aven8068 macrumors newbie

Since the phone is connected to the WiFi it is able to send the connection information to the watch via bluetooth. The watch then uses that info to connect.

But if your gym has a network that requires you to accept terms before connecting (like when it opens safari and you have to hit accept in the browser) like mine, it will not work. Since the watch is not able to open a browser window for you to finalize the connection by accepting the terms.

6. nando97l thread starter macrumors newbie

Its an O2 wifi hotspot at the gym, i normally have to accept conditions but apps seem to work fine if i don't accept the conditions, guess i won't know until i try. I wish Spotify had an app to locally download playlists onto the watch as i never ever buy music from iTunes any more:(