apple watch randomly turned off

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Alexrat1996, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

I have a apple watch 42MM sport I took it at of charger around 6:57 am left flat on my desk till I decide to wear it to go out around 10 Am the watch was completely off I forced turned it on it was at 97% what can I do to fix it

The iphone and apple watch are running latest software

Is this a normal issue should i re pair my watch to my iphone again

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not normal, if it happens again, I'd contact apple. I can't see how re-paring it the phone will help, but it certainly cannot hurt.

3. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

My watch turned off yesterday.... froze up.... something! the did the double button press to get it to come back on.... it took a looooooooong time with the apple on the screen before it came back on! I was shocked as I had JUST looked at it a a minute or so before... then I went to set the time and "dead!" I wondered if the battery had died (I didn't think I'd used it any more than usual during the day.... but once it came back on I was at 52% battery.... so that doesn't appear to be the reason)

(I was so upset before it came back on.... cuz I'm so very anal about my achievements and I'm 3 days away from another perfect month..... not to mention about 30 days away from my 365 achievement! If it hadn't come back on I was seriously tempted to drive to apple... an hour away.... and buy one to wear until I could get my applecare replacement on this one! I know.... I know.....)

kinda surprised to see this post this morning.... wonder if we'll see more responses of this happening????

4. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Mine shutdown or rebooted once a long time ago. I think it was a 3rd party app that caused it though. No big deal. It has been fine since then.

5. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

not sure which apps can cause this I will re pair apple support told me if it happens agains to call them
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---
    same thing happened to my itouch 6

6. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

Mine did the same thing the other day. I use the Dark Sky complication and noticed that it was unresponsive on my phone when I went to check it.. That might have been the culprit in my case.

7. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

Just a few minutes ago, my watch just completed died. Have tried the double press, putting it back on the charger and ...zip. Trying to look at Apple Support, but can't find anything. Thankfully I bought Applecare, but Geez, just under a year old!

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Last week mine did this for the first time. All was well 15 minutes before and all of a sudden the watch was showing the "Apple" on it indicating it was rebooting. I have to chalk it up to the update as my watch has never done this that I noticed anyway.

9. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Mine has done this twice over the time I've had it. Just a random restart and works like normal after

10. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

its fixed for now i did re pair the watch as new and has not turned off

11. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

12. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

I won't be surprised if it is wOS 2.2 PLUS mis-behave 3rd party app related.
    If it is really purely a bug in wOS, rather than mis-behave 3rd party app, there will be more people report of self shutdown.
    My never shutdown by itself. Slow/hang sometime, but never shutdown by itself.

If it continue re-occurr again, try unpair then pair, and do NOT install any 3rd party app. Run it with native Apple app for couple days. If it goes away, you have mis-behave 3rd party app.

13. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

Mine has done it twice since the update as well. First time I rebooted it and it still had 80% battery - 2nd time it was actually in power reserve mode. But I had looked at the battery just a half hour before and it was at 75%. Since I stopped using the activity stuff my watch usually ends the day at 80-90%.

I've turned off the new feature of pairing with multiple watches, I'll see if that stops it. Not a feature I need anyway. And I'll check the battery % throughout the day to make sure nothing is draining it.

I also noticed that it lost it's connection with the phone - even though the phone said it could see it. Rebooting relinked the watch.

14. lsh macrumors 6502

I'm having similar issues. I thought maybe I hadn't fully charged it so I've checked it each morning and it's 100%. But I'm not getting thru the day with a charge and have reboots.

Good idea to turn off the auto pair. I'm trying the same.