Apple Watch really hot when charging

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rorosbutt, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Rorosbutt macrumors regular

anyone elses watch charge hot? Doesn't matter if it's charging from 20% or 60%. Using genuine apple charger and cable.

Should I do a AppleCare claim? Is this normal?

Running watchOS 2.0.1

2. DadBod630 macrumors regular

It shouldn't be "really hot" regularly while charging. Maybe take it in to the Apple Store if it persists.

3. WilliamG macrumors G3

"Really hot" is subjective, of course. There's no question it gets quite warm. That's pretty normal for inductive charging devices.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I expect mine to be warm from charging, especially via inductive charging. Just like my Oral-B gets and stays warm while charging.

Really hot is another story but each person has their own threshold for warm and hot.

5. Rorosbutt thread starter macrumors regular

6. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Charging or not charging AW is hot. That's why so many people bought it. New gold and rose gold are also very hot alongside space grey. Mine is 100% hot all the time.

7. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Oddly enough, mine was always pretty warm when I took it off the charger, but that stopped with OS 2.0.1.

8. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Mine usually is warm when charging, hot if it has been doing stuff like installing apps or an update.

9. fox1401 macrumors regular

fox1401

i have encountered this issue when i was using a plastics docking for the charger, also check if the contact of the watch to the charger is poor, if you notice the charging goes on and off frequently then the watch will get very hot.

10. warburg macrumors 6502a

That doesn't seem very hot for a charging Apple Watch.