Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtjn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Hi. I have a first generation sport almost 2 years old, still under Applecare+warranty. The face of my watch popped off today. I have a genius bar appointment Saturday. Can anybody tell me if they will replace or send the watch out for repair? and if they send out any estimates on time to get it back? Thank you.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi. I have a first generation sport almost 2 years old, still under Applecare+warranty. The face of my watch popped off today. I have a genius bar appointment Saturday. Can anybody tell me if they will replace or send the watch out for repair? and if they send out any estimates on time to get it back? Thank you.

Apple does not make repairs for the Apple Watch in store, so they will either send your Watch out to a repair depot or they will replace your Apple Watch with a refurbished First Gen Sports model/new or used Series one.

It usually takes approximately less than two weeks for you to get your Apple Watch returned back to you.

dtjn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Ok. Thank you. I'm on vacation, so I was hoping the turn around time would get my watch back to me before going back to work. Thank you again.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
If you have Apple care you should be able to call Apple and get a replacement watch sent to you within a day or so. They may want to charge your credit card until you return the defective watch.

Reactions: Resqu2

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
If you have Apple care you should be able to call Apple and get a replacement watch sent to you within a day or so. They may want to charge your credit card until you return the defective watch.
This! I had a new watch within 15 hours. Sent my old one back and they removed the joke amount from my cc. Just ask for express replacement.

dtjn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
You guys are awesome! I just did the express replacement. You saved a very busy mom a trip to the mall the last weekend before Christmas. Thank you all. Happy Holidays.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
You guys are awesome! I just did the express replacement. You saved a very busy mom a trip to the mall the last weekend before Christmas. Thank you all. Happy Holidays.
Happy to be of help along with the other contributors to this thread.

eqafsce

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2018
Japan
Glad that your problem is solved, my Apple watch was broken once, and i bought a replacement screen online then my cousin helped me replace it, it was not hard! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.