Apple Watch repair

Burnzy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2020
i have replaced the glass And digitiser on an apple watch series 4, after completing the repair the left side of the screen is not working. Has anyone got any ideas?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
i have replaced the glass And digitiser on an apple watch series 4, after completing the repair the left side of the screen is not working. Has anyone got any ideas?
And This is why you don’t want to ‘self repair’ the Apple Watch, as the same thing happened to another member. You likely damaged one of the connector ribbons attaching to the board/display. The only way is to use process of elimination, you’d have to use a completely different display to see if the display is faulty or if it’s the connector ribbon, which I’m inclined to believe you damaged the ribbon.

Burnzy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2020
And This is why you don’t want to ‘self repair’ the Apple Watch, as the same thing happened to another member. You likely damaged one of the connector ribbons attaching to the board/display. The only way is to use process of elimination, you’d have to use a completely different display to see if the display is faulty or if it’s the connector ribbon, which I’m inclined to believe you damaged the ribbon.
I have tried another digitiser and it was the same. It doesn’t seem like I have damaged the ribbons at all. I did read somewhere online that the digitisers have a chip on them and if you buy an after market digitiser the chip will not be paired with the watch. Do you think it could be that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.