Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedoc46

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
So i had i guess you could call it a series 0, launch day as when the 1st Apple watch came out in 2015 SS Sapphire . The screen lifted from a swollen battery, so i sent it into Apple for repair. They kindly replaced it free of charge, and according to the repair status, it says they're returning a "Apple Watch Stainless Steel 42mm (1st Gen)"

How do i know if i'm getting an original launch day single core, versus what is known as a series 1 'dual core' what numbers differentiate the single core versions to the dual core versions ?

I won't get the watch til Mon, but whatever i get, i'll be happy. I was about to ditch Apple as the watch was the only thing holding me to them. I badly wanted an excuse to preorder the new LG V30, cos im a little upset at the cost of the iPhone X. Besides i want the wide angle over the telephoto. Anyway getting off topic here.

Simply put, how do i know what version Apple has replaced my original launch day watch with.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Series 1 say SERIES 1 on back of watch and as mentioned are aluminum only.
If you’d had an aluminum you probably would have gotten a Series 1 as a replacement. But since you had SS, they gave you the same version you had.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So i had i guess you could call it a series 0, launch day as when the 1st Apple watch came out in 2015 SS Sapphire . The screen lifted from a swollen battery, so i sent it into Apple for repair. They kindly replaced it free of charge, and according to the repair status, it says they're returning a "Apple Watch Stainless Steel 42mm (1st Gen)"

How do i know if i'm getting an original launch day single core, versus what is known as a series 1 'dual core' what numbers differentiate the single core versions to the dual core versions ?

I won't get the watch til Mon, but whatever i get, i'll be happy. I was about to ditch Apple as the watch was the only thing holding me to them. I badly wanted an excuse to preorder the new LG V30, cos im a little upset at the cost of the iPhone X. Besides i want the wide angle over the telephoto. Anyway getting off topic here.

Simply put, how do i know what version Apple has replaced my original launch day watch with.

You could also take the serial number off the back of the Apple Watch and verify it with Apple directly over the phone as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.