Apple watch return help!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MxChino, Oct 9, 2015.

1. MxChino macrumors member

I did an in store pickup for an Apple Watch this past Saturday. When I got to the store I made a second purchase of a sports band. This past Wednesday I went back to exchange both items for a different watch. To make things easy the employee returned both transactions on to gift cards and then used those gift cards for the watch I wanted to exchange it for.

I've decided that I don't want a watch at all. Since the employee transferred my return with gift cards the first time will they refuse to issue my funds back on to my original credit card?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I think you need to provide them the original receipt that was transfer into a gift card. You just put yourself in a not so easy situation in the first place.

3. MxChino thread starter macrumors member

I have all the paperwork showing the transactions.

4. Vader2 macrumors member

It will depend on the retailer. Most issue returns back to the original form of payment or a gift card. Since the second transaction was paid with a gift card the refund would likely go back to that. Some of them use systems that don't allow the returning or cashing out of gift cards once they have been issued. There may be some work around, but don't expect to have a quick in and out transaction. You will probably be there a while

5. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

That would be like me going to an Apple store with a £50 iTunes gift card and saying can I just have the £50 cash please? Wouldn't happen!
    Best bet is to take all your receipts to the orignal store and see a manger and hope for the best!
    Good luck :)

6. MxChino thread starter macrumors member

It isn't anything like that but thanks.