Apple Watch S0 Doesn't Charge

jahin17

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
London
Right, I mean it's time right?

My Apple Watch 2015 edition (1st gen) doesn't charge when i plug the magnetic cable on. Usually leave it on overnight and have done so for the last four years and today I woke up to see it hasn't charged. It just has the red lightning bolt and nothing else happens.

Am i right in assuming it's RIP Apple Watch or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

mollyc

macrumors 68020
Aug 18, 2016
Right, I mean it's time right?

My Apple Watch 2015 edition (1st gen) doesn't charge when i plug the magnetic cable on. Usually leave it on overnight and have done so for the last four years and today I woke up to see it hasn't charged. It just has the red lightning bolt and nothing else happens.

Am i right in assuming it's RIP Apple Watch or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks
Are you sure you used the correct side of the charger? My daughter woke up recently with her S3 uncharged overnight but she accidentally had the charger backwards. :)

jahin17

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
London
Are you sure you used the correct side of the charger? My daughter woke up recently with her S3 uncharged overnight but she accidentally had the charger backwards. :)
Nope always use the correct side haha, it clicks on like a magnet but nothing happens on the watch.

dotnet

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I wouldn't give up on it just yet. Take it to the Apple Store and demonstrate the issue. An expensive watch is supposed to last more than 4 years, warranty or not.