Apple Watch S3 Cellular on Prepaid

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MisterAndrew, Sep 15, 2017.

1. MisterAndrew macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

I just noticed you can get the S3 cellular on prepaid in the US with T-Mobile. Hopefully the other carriers will follow suit. The catch is that it costs an extra $15/month rather than $10/month and appears to be only available with the "T-Mobile ONE No Credit Check" plan that costs $75/month. While not the best deal, it's an option for those who don't want their credit run.

2. NougatDude Suspended

I have that plan but I was hoping more so to use it on Verizons old or feb unlimited plan

3. michaelb5000 macrumors regular

I thought I read something official that said the watch would not work on a prepaid plan. I have Verizon, but have used other prepaid plans too, so for example, I don't see anything on the H2o website at all about supporting watches.

I am cheap and patient and didn't order a S3 watch, so I can wait to upgrade; hopefully this works on prepaid someday.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

According to this front page article, it does not work with a prepaid plans.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...snt-work-with-prepaid-wireless-plans.2067977/

5. MisterAndrew thread starter macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It has stipulations. Advise the Macrumors authors if you feel it's misleading.

7. MisterAndrew thread starter macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

Try it yourself. Go to the T-Mobile site and add an iPhone 8 + Apple Watch S3 with no credit check. It works.

Untitled.jpeg