Apple Watch S4 dinging

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Eliottjames, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Eliottjames macrumors regular

Eliottjames

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from a S0 to a S4. Every so often my watch does a little triple beep that I've never heard before. Nothing shows up when I look at the screen and nothing appears in notification centre. I'm a bit stumped as to what's causing it. I'd try and get a video but it seems to be happening at completely random times. Any ideas what it means?

2. ectospheno macrumors regular

Settings -> Notifications -> Messages -> Repeat Alerts. Set to Never.

Just guessing. If you setup a new phone recently the default isn't Never.

3. Eliottjames thread starter macrumors regular

Eliottjames

Unfortunately it’s not that, my watch mirrors my phone which is set not to repeat notifications. It’s also a different ding to the message one. This is a three high pitched chimes. Thanks for the suggestion though!

4. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502a

purpleparrotuk

Sounds like the breathe app. But if it is then it should show on your screen.

5. Eliottjames thread starter macrumors regular

Eliottjames

O
    Ooh that’s not a bad shout. I’ve turned all notifications from Breathe off, I’ll see if that sorts it. Cheers
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2018 ---
    Nope, it’s just happened again! Any other ideas? The noise sounds like a higher pitched version of the tri tone iOS alert.

6. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

Is it the "Time to Stand" notifications, where it lets you know if you haven't stood within the first 50 minutes of the hour? Not the initial one at the 50 min mark, but the one for completing it... aka... If you get the 50 min. mark notification and then complete it in the last ten minutes of the hour, it gives a little chime to let you know you completed the stand for that hour. (Though that's a double beep I think).

Also could someone be trying to walkie-talkie with you?

7. Hrodriguez77 macrumors member

Hrodriguez77

I am getting this with the carrot weather complication. If you are using carrot, open the app itself and see if it makes the same ding when the app updates. It is annoying because it always makes me think I have a new notification. I haven’t seen a way to turn it off other than removing the complication.

8. Eliottjames thread starter macrumors regular

Eliottjames

That’s it!! I’ll tweet the dev and ask if this is a bug, it’s annoying me for the same reason.