Apple Watch S4 Gold Bands?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by puke, Sep 17, 2018.

1. puke macrumors 6502

Hello.

I pre-ordered a S4 Stainless Steel Gold version of the Apple Watch.

I'm in the market for a new band aswell. A band that MATCHES the new gold. I'm looking at Apples bands and they only have one band that matches the new Gold-watch. Milaneese Loop. Why havent they updated the Modern one with a gold buckle? Why no other goldbands?

//Frustrated person in Sweden.

2. Avenger macrumors 6502a

Not sure. They’re selling the Gold SS with a stone white sports band too and it looks okay. The gold aluminum one comes with a pink sand band. I saw the pink sand sports band in an apple store today and thought it looked okay on a S3 rose gold(I think i was rose gold) they had it on.

3. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

I’m sure more bands will come with the new gold SS lugs, but I’m imagining it will take time. I’m going be in the same boat. I ordered the Milanese loop version because I didn’t want the sport band, but now I may have to go with a sport band until some nice leather bands are introduced.

4. matthew23 macrumors 6502

I ordered some gold lugs off of Amazon expecting them to look like the aluminum gold color on the gold sport AW. However, they arrived today and were a lot darker and brassier. I was pleasantly surprised. It looks a lot closer to what I think the SS gold AW will look like. Even if it’s not exact I think it will be close enough to put on my saddle brown classic leather band for now. Should look pretty good.

5. puke thread starter macrumors 6502

Please post pictures of your watches with the bands when they arrive. :)

Lets hope they introduce modern look in gold. ^^

6. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Well it didn't just take time for the Space Black Camp to get theirs.... It never happened! They never got the Classic Buckle with black adaptors and had to go for the very few leather loops...

Actually one of the reasons I went with clear steel for the S2 (and my S4 as well)

7. appleboyy macrumors 6502

I've got a Stainless steel link bracelet coming.. and then im gonna get it gold plated, a bit like the first gen link that Beyonce and Kanye had.. ;)

8. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Black bands look killer with the gold watch - have with aluminum and will even more so with the stainless! Would love to see pics of the black link with the gold aluminum. My main nice band will be the black leather loop which is discontinued now, the forest green would look great too.

9. royinla14 macrumors 6502

Totally agree - I would have loved if they offered the gold ss with the black Milanese instead of the gold Milanese....

10. Cnasty macrumors 68040

Cnasty

I ordered the SS Gold as well with the Milanese but will be looking for a more casual band for the weekends and prefer the sport loops over the sports bands. I guess the all black one will be fine but maybe the green leather loop as well.

11. narenh macrumors newbie

narenh

I got some gold lugs for $8 on amazon. They are warmer than I expected (so not too yellow) so I’ll post a photo of how well they match on Friday when my gold SS arrives. Bandwerk appears to have a new gold stainless lug/clasp option for the series 4... has anyone used their bands before?

12. puke thread starter macrumors 6502

I gave in. I ordered the 40mm Milaneese Loop in Gold.

13. Tommy.s macrumors newbie

I’d be interested in bandwerk experience too. Their straps look like they might offer the quality and style I’m looking for but user xp would be appreciated.

14. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I still have my old cocoa sports band from my SBSS series 2, paired it with the Gold SS, thought they look pretty good together.

Attached Files:

15. mackie8 macrumors 6502a

im liking the gold SS too ... im set to get the space black... but i like the gold SS... its like champagne gold color.... i think the new blue sport band will look good with this gold SS too.....

16. defn macrumors member

9031DF5E-8855-41AD-9DC8-B3F36A31C945.jpeg

I like how the Dark Teal goes with it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2018 ---
    More below... these are the ones I have in the office. Will post more later when I get home.

083B4E46-AB1C-40E6-A47E-F98FA462FB7D.jpeg 600AECBB-624B-4833-BE22-2BDB131441F2.jpeg C8913129-C8F6-41FC-89F8-23FA02150203.jpeg

17. Apples n' Stone macrumors 65816

Apples n' Stone

Out of investment purposes for the number of SS lug metal bands I had, I opted for the standard SS but your watch looks lovely! Love the gold and blue colours!

18. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

I want a gold Link Bracelet, I have the other 2 and this would complete my collection, as gold is truly my favourite colour ― I still drool over the one that Beyoncé and others were given

To add, I think it's pretty stupid how there's only 1 premium band you can buy for the new gold, another Ceramic Apple Watch conundrum where there's no bands for it ― quite sad to be honest

19. defn macrumors member

I had the same dilemma too! But decided that this year will be a gold year. :)

Will switch back to SS with the series 5 :apple:

20. mackie8 macrumors 6502a

Guys can i see the gold SS in sport loop?
    Which color is best?

21. matthew23 macrumors 6502

I put my black sport loop on my SS gold and love it. The loop actually looks like there are tiny brown/gold-ish specks that somehow pop a bit and really look nice IMO.

22. jdubigrande macrumors newbie

23. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

The teal does look great. I wish Apple still sells them, I missed out on it before they pulled it.

24. dmccombs macrumors regular

Does anyone know of a 3rd party Gold Milanese band, that matches the new Series 4 Stainless Gold watch color-wise?

25. Laryl macrumors 6502a

Laryl

I’m sure you could get a lot of offers to trade. I love my black, but those are easy to get and I got the gold SS but didn’t spring for the band...now I wish I had.