Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
I have been having some serious issues with this combination as of late.

My cellular SS Apple Watch constantly shifts to LTE even though my phone is in my pocket causing the watch battery to drain to 10% by mid-day.

The minute I wake my phone it automatically connects, I have been routinely checking it by having the explorer watch face which shows cellular connectivity at a glance

Software:
- iOS 12.1.2
- WatchOS 5.1.2

Things I’ve tried:
- Complete reset/format iPhone and Apple Watch: still happening.

- I used my old iPhone X paired with the Apple Watch and it seemed to hold on to connectivity. Also battery lasted till end of day with 30% or so. (Both were also wiped)

- Went back to XS Max and again after wiping, it’s still happening.

Im leaning toward an iPhone Bluetooth connectivity issue but, I routinely use headphones at the gym and I never experience disconnection from the phone.

Anyone experience this, insights?
Sorry for the long post...

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Im leaning toward an iPhone Bluetooth connectivity issue but, I routinely use headphones at the gym and I never experience disconnection from the phone.

Not that I have a solution, but just for the sake of correct info, the headphones and apple watch don’t use the same Bluetooth stacks. So one working properly doesn’t necessarily mean the other will work.

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Its definitely a Bluetooth connectivity issue.

At work I set timers for things I need to check and on my phone I would feel it vibrate in my pocket yet the watch would not show the alarm which it always did.

Just not sure which device is the problem...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.