Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreatSc0tt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2015
Hello.

I pre-ordered the apple watch series 2 and it was delivered yesterday when i opened the box and took the watch out i noticed the screen was scratched.

Has anybody else had this happen?.. I am kinda worried about my replacement coming and the same thing happening. Is there quality control lacking as of late?

Thanks Scott

GreatSc0tt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2015
I have since ordered a second one and am waiting for it to come
[doublepost=1474633120][/doublepost]
The chance of receiving a 2nd Watch which is scratched out of the box is maybe 1/1000000. Why don't you just wait it out?

wait what out?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I get that opening a product and finding it scratched is frustrating. What I don't get is the immediate questioning of quality control.

I can tell you that we don't have people all over threads claiming their watches were scratched. This is probably an isolated incident.

Best of luck on your replacement!

ldstern

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2006
if it wasn't 779 in canada i would consider it
My new series 2 stainless had multiple screen micro scratches out of the box. My original series o stainless watch has absolutely no screen scratches after over a year of owning it. The coating on the series 2 seems different than the original. I'm concerned that there is a problem with the series 2 coating. I suspect there will be more reports of this issue as more people acquire the series 2 stainless watches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.