Apple Watch Screen Defect

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JuNxXxReY, Aug 30, 2015.

1. JuNxXxReY macrumors regular

image.jpg

Was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything. Basically, there's a black line going vertically on my watch (see picture). I called Apple and they're having me send it in for repair.

If you've had this problem, what did they do to repair it? Were you given a different watch? How long was the turn around?

Thank you in advance.

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

if you're near an apple store, get to the store and get it replaced, probably quicker than sending it back.

3. Daku93 macrumors regular

As far as I know Apple Stores do not replace them yet. Instead they send them to a service center.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I went in for a problem on the weekend and they said it needs to be sent away for repairs - about 3 weeks turnaround time (Australia). The Genius said that later in-store replacements might come later when supply clears up. Although, that's obviously just an educated guess.

5. JuNxXxReY thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your replies. This is the 2nd time I'm sending the watch back. The first time, my haptic feedback wasn't working correctly. I figured this time around, I'd have it sent out and save a trip to the Apple Store since they were going to send it out anyway. First time took about a week for me to get it back. Hopefully, it'll be faster if not the same.

If anyone is interested in an update, from the time I called customer service, it took 2 days for the shipping label with box to arrive to my home. I sent it out this evening. FedEx said it wouldn't be go out for shipping until tomorrow. The package label said it would be overnight. I'll post any updates when I hear from Apple.

6. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Current turn around times are around 7 days I believe (not including getting the return box to you). Do you have AC+ on the watch? If you have AC+ they should have offered an express replacement.

Stores are still not carrying service part watches, which is annoying. I guess there's not enough stock to justify spreading what little inventory there is around the country.

7. JuNxXxReY thread starter macrumors regular

Update: just got my Apple Watch back. They gave me a new one (maybe refurbished). Has no more scratches on stainless steel, and it has a different serial number. Went 10 days without my watch.

8. sammich, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015

sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Interesting. My Stainless Watch is showing 'signs of use' which some might consider a good thing, but I wouldn't mind getting a reset because I hadn't worn a watch for years before this one. I've got a couple of deep-ish marks on the body from the adjustment/awareness of making sure I don't smash my watch into walls and door frames.

tl:dr; I want them to replace my watch.

UPDATE: they replaced my watch. Completely flawless stainless body :)