Apple Watch Series 0 Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AaronG123, Apr 6, 2017.

1. AaronG123 macrumors regular

Hi - I just wondered if anyone knew whether Apple Stores are now able to do white box replacements for Apple Watch's?

I understand there was a point when first released; where everything had to be sent off to a Apple Care depot for replacement.

My Dad's Apple Watch Series '0' unfortunately has dead pixels on the screen; luckily we have great consumer law in the U.K. to sort with Apple.

However unsure whether there is any point in going into the Apple Store; if it needs to be sent off for replacement - rather then actioned in store.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

In the United States, Apple stores do not carry replacement Watches in Store. The Watch will have to be sent out for repair or replacement.

3. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Same here in Canada. I'm assuming it would follow in the UK as well

4. AaronG123 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for confirming both - yes it was the same process here in the UK. Strange that the stores are unable to handle white box replacements yet. It was understandable whilst the product was new; sending off to central depot allowed them to collate issues etc. The only reason can see for the no white box replacements, could be the range of watch's that would need to be stocked. Ah well - thanks again!

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Was it an easy process? Were you out of warranty and claimed under the EU/SOGA guidelines? I have a dead pixel on my launch day S0, thinking of getting it replaced if it's possible. Thanks!

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

One of the reasons that Apple does not carry watch replacements in store, is because they don't repair the watch itself in store, which it has to be sent out for repair to the depot and then back to the Apple Store or the owners address. That's how it was explained to me.