Apple Watch Series 0 will not turn on

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Videomanmac, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Hi guys, so my watch has worked flawlessly since it was released back in 2015. But, today, I took it off the charger at 100% at around 1PM, and around 2:30PM I noticed it was restarting and thought nothing of it. But then I noticed a tingling on my wrist and discovered my Apple Watch was burning up and would not turn on.

Apple Support says I am out of warranty (I know I am), and says it can be fixed for $199.99. That gave me a nice laugh for the day.

So, my question is, has this happened to anyone else, and anything I can do to repair it?

Thanks.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Are you running Watch OS 3.1.1? (The newest update).

3. Videomanmac thread starter Suspended

Videomanmac

No, just 3.1

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It hasn't happened to me. Have you tried holding down the power button and crown at the same time for ten seconds.

5. Videomanmac thread starter Suspended

Videomanmac

Yes. :( Everytime I put it on the charger it heats up and refuses to turn on

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Sorry to hear. Are you using an OEM brick charger? Try a different outlet. Or perhaps leave it off the charger for awhile and then try the hard reset later while on the charger at the same time.

7. Videomanmac thread starter Suspended

Videomanmac

Yes, I am using OEM charger and charging brick. And, tried a different outlet.

I am going to let it sit and try again later. If not, looks like a trip to the Apple Store on Monday. Hoping they give me some mercy!

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Good luck. Just be honest with them. Being it's the Holidays, maybe they will extend your way with a replacement (Which they don't carry in store). Let us know how it goes.