Apple Watch Series 1 Sport 42mm problem

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vince085, Nov 10, 2016.

1. vince085 macrumors newbie

My Apple Watch started to randomly go to low power mode (green clock) for no reason, first time at 70% then at 55% and now at 35%. It's running on WatchOS 3.1. Should I go to the Apple Store? Or what other things can I try?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

First it should NOT just randomly go into Low Power mode under any conditions. Low Power mode is something you must switch/toggle on. When this happened was your :apple:Watch exposed to water (like a in the shower/washing hands)? Sometimes water can 'press' the buttons on the screen. If it is just going into Low Power mode while wearing around then it has a problem of some type.

3. vince085 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it wasn't exposed to any water or moisture. Should I try to reset and pair it again?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Might as well since it can't hurt. Also if you are under 14 days you can just return it and get a replacement if available. Do you have an Apple Store near you in Romania and do they have in stock?

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Sounds like it's hardware related. I would fully charge it first, then attempt a re-pair. If it does it again, I would seek a replacement.

6. vince085 thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it in August from an Apple Store in the US, but I can go to an Apple Premium Reseller in my city to let them check it.

I will do this as soon as i get home.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That is not possible since it was not released until September 16. You must have a S0 (original).

8. vince085 thread starter macrumors newbie

First gen of Apple Watch is not the same as Series 1?

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

10. vince085 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, you're right.. I thought they're the same :D