Apple Watch series 1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ShadowYYZ, Oct 3, 2016.

1. ShadowYYZ macrumors 6502a

ShadowYYZ

Hi guys, just giving my input on the watch. I owned the original series "0" space grey sport watch last year in NOVEMEBER. I returned it because it was pretty slow.. I decided to give a chance to series 1.

Why did I pick series 1?

I mainly carry my phone with me at all times, the GPS feature probably wouldn't have been that useful too me due to this.. I also don't go running :/. I should though but, I know I'll have my phone on hand.

I take off my watch whenever I shower because I remove my glasses also. I also don't plan on swimming with my watch.

It has the same processor as the S2 it is SO MUCH better than series "0" which ultimately made me return that one..

I use the watch at the gym using "other while lifting weights and works really well. I'm sure both share the same heart rate sensors.

My only :S about it is the fact wish they would've supplied the brighter screen to series 1.

Now it's the time to get a Apple Watch for sure.

Anyone else choose the series 1 or 2?

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Not sure which OS you used on the 0 series but 3.0 did make some speed improvements on it.
    But I don't use many apps.

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I always has the simplest criteria to choose between the two, Swim? Goes for Series 2. Don't swim? Series 1 is enough.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If bought in Nov and returned then it had to be wOS 2.x.;)

5. recoil80 macrumors 68000

They had to differentiate between series 1 and 2.
    It is good they made series 1 with dual core processor instead of selling the old Watch with a $100 discount like they usually do with iPhone.
    My company asked me the model I wanted and I went for series 1 because I always have my iPhone with me so I don't care about GPS and I don't swim. With the budget I was given I could have bought series 2, but I preferred series 1 with AC+

6. ShadowYYZ thread starter macrumors 6502a

ShadowYYZ

Yeah your right, it would've been a nice touch though. Was surprised the 5w block wasn't there -.-.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

1000 nit screen also requires more power.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Also: Want to run/walk without iPhone? Get Series 2.