Apple Watch Series 1ish

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JLH81, May 30, 2018.

1. JLH81 macrumors member

Hello!

Does anyone know is the first set of Apple Watches will be able to be upgraded to IOS 5? I’m debating if I want to sell it now or not. If I can upgrade it than I’ll keep it.

Any thoughts/guesses?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Nobody really knows, but I'd put my money on the first gens not being supported. wOS 4 is already getting long in the tooth, and first gen products (iPhone and iPad) usually only get two major software upgrades, so the Watch is already running on borrowed time.

3. JLH81 thread starter macrumors member

That sucks! I guess I’ll have to look at getting an S3, or waiting out and seeing if there’s a new S4

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

It's well worth the upgrade - went from a first gen to a S3 late last year. So much faster!

5. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

I see what you did there ;)

6. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

If I was a betting man I'd say no to the 1st gen Apple Watch (which is not the same as the series 1 by the way) getting watchOS 5, but Apple should announce which watches will be getting watchOS 5 during the WWDC Keynote on Monday.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Just my advice, but I would likely just wait to see if there is a Series 4 Apple Watch in September, which would put us three months almost from the launch, which I always tend to find out if it’s a redesign and new hardware, you have those who will be more intrigued to upgrade, especially being that the Apple Watch is in need of a redesign after three years.