Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
Ive had am issue with my Apple Watch series 2 for awhile now and thought I would ask about it.

When I use Bluetooth headphones, they often just will not connect to my Watch. I try to connect to them via the playback devices in the control center and it will say "headphones not in range" when they are in fact a foot away. This happens with my standard Bluetooth headphones and is now happening with my AirPods. Meanwhile my Watch connection to my phone is constant.

The only fix is to restart Bluetooth by turning it off and back on on my Watch or putting it in airplane mode For a moment.

Anyone else have issues like this? Should I take it to an Apple Store?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ive had am issue with my Apple Watch series 2 for awhile now and thought I would ask about it.

When I use Bluetooth headphones, they often just will not connect to my Watch. I try to connect to them via the playback devices in the control center and it will say "headphones not in range" when they are in fact a foot away. This happens with my standard Bluetooth headphones and is now happening with my AirPods. Meanwhile my Watch connection to my phone is constant.

The only fix is to restart Bluetooth by turning it off and back on on my Watch or putting it in airplane mode For a moment.

Anyone else have issues like this? Should I take it to an Apple Store?

Try re-pairing the Watch and iPhone if you haven't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.