Apple Watch Series 2 Model Numbers / Japan model

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nimarchetti, Sep 9, 2016.

1. nimarchetti macrumors newbie

Anyone got any information about model numbers, specifically will the Japanese Series 2 model be different from the international one, given that it will support the FeliCa NFC technology.

I'm from the UK, but will have a chance to buy a new Series 2 in Japan when I'm next there in November (at a significant discount due to exchange rate variations), but don't want to end up with one that won't work for Apple Pay over here...

2. webstarcool macrumors member

I'm interested in the same information. Going to Tokyo in mid-November and would love to buy the Apple watch there.

Does the new Series 2 watch with NFC support FeliCa in ADDITION to the normal NFC Type A+B support or does it support FeliCa only??

3. nicho macrumors 68000

the japanese apple website shows it working with japanese mastercards and AMEX cards, so it *should* be more capable rather than differently-capable when it comes to apple pay.

4. Archer1440 macrumors 6502a

Archer1440

Awkward using a left-hand worn watch for Suica payments on JR and Metro lines in Japan- you normally have to touch the card to a sensor on the right side of the gate.