apple watch series 2 screen repair

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mrgreeneyes, Mar 4, 2019.

1. mrgreeneyes macrumors 6502a

Hello,

where can I get a screen repaired for a series 2 apple watch?
    I have a really deep scratch on the corner of the screen.
    it goes from the side of the watch up to the corner of the screen, its from hitting my watch under the BBQ when I was turning on the gas tank.

Attached Files:

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It will cost more than what it is worth unless you have AC+.

Afraid you will have to live with it or buy another watch.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Is there a reason why you wouldn’t consider Apple to make the repair? Seems the most direct way, I would not consider third-party, as I personally don’t trust the parts they may use and they are not trained specifically as Apple is to Make repairs. I know you might pay more with Apple, however, if you’re serious about having the watch repaired if you decide not to upgrade, then I would _only_ use Apple as a source for the repair.

4. bad_robot macrumors newbie

good to see loyal apple users recommend apple repair.
    Probably less expensive to buy a new watch with extended warranty.A plastric flexible cover would help cushion bumps. Cover does not interfere with touch screen response.
    All apple watch parts are made and all watches are assembled in china so you will be buying similar parts. Unfortunately, only china has the equipment to make those finicky parts. All apple watches and phones are assembled using self contained boards and parts using micro connectors that require no fine soldering.