Apple Watch Series 2 SS is peeling off screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AnhLE, Apr 20, 2019.

1. AnhLE macrumors newbie

AnhLE

I have a issue with my apple watch screen, it seems to peel off i think. it's not a scratch, it's under the screen. Anybody in here know or meet that issue? thanks alot!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

That may be a hairline crack. Have it checked by Apple.

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I have the same on my space black series 2. They just appeared.

There is no Apple store here in Ireland so I’d have to send it off to Apple but I’m afraid they won’t do anything because the case has a couple of chips in the dlc and a ding or two. They’ll probably try and blame me for it. Because there are a few dings they’ll blame it on impact damage. But the watch has never been dropped.

A google has come up with a possibility that it’s the battery is swelling and causing the sapphire to seperate from the oled screen. Also apparently there is a problem with series 2 batteries swelling and Apple has extended the warranty to 3 years but I’m not hopeful because of the damage to the case.

Attached Files:

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It’s either separating or delaminating. Your only option is through Apple to have them inspect it.

5. skyaflya, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019

skyaflya macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Apr 21, 2019 ---
    It looks like a delamination, where parts become unglued due to heat etc. I have two macbook pros where the screens delaminated. Apple covered the cost of repair on my 2013 13" mbp. My guess is that your watch is covered as well.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Reference the bolded, I doubt that. The OP has a Series 2 Apple Watch, which I assume doesn’t have a warranty, (Unless the OP has AppleCare). The only way Apple will replace this type of issue, is if they were extending some type of grace post-warranty exception _and_ if Apple determines that the OP is not at fault for any type of issue with the watch.