Apple watch series 3 cellular haptic

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Danno021286, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Danno021286 macrumors member

I don't know if its been covered yet? I received the apple watch series 3 cellular 38mm Nike+ yesterday, and the haptic feedback seems to be different/weaker when receiving phone calls seems fine for everything else. I thought there was an issue with my watch but upon inspecting my friends series 3 cellular 38mm gold aluminium theirs is also the same when receiving phone calls as mine.They both seem to feel different when receiving calls than my series 2 nike+?Has anyone else noticed this when receiving a phone call?I contacted apple about it and they said that if both seem to be the same then the haptic feedback could possibly be different for the series 3?Anyone else experienced this? Thanks

2. Danno021286 thread starter macrumors member

i think i have found out what it was, i always use my watch on silent but i then took it off silent and received a call and noticed that the ringtone is different than my series 2 and the taps are in line with this new tone. So i think all is good with my watch! just a different vibration with this new tone. :)

3. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Yeah the new ringer threw me off too. I even created a thread about it and nobody responded lol

4. Danno021286 thread starter macrumors member

I was worried there was something wrong but I think that’s what’s happened, the vibrations have changed to match the new calling tone. I’m relieved it’s ok!!!

5. warburg macrumors 6502a

That's strange. I'm finding that all the sounds and haptics on my Series 3 AW are not only irregular but weaker than on my Series 2.