Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Norwegian_Imposter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
So my screen is screwed it keeps showing the static screen which means the graphics chip is messing up. I’m in the uk for a day would apple swap it out immediately if I went in? It’s the edition model :/

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
So my screen is screwed it keeps showing the static screen which means the graphics chip is messing up. I’m in the uk for a day would apple swap it out immediately if I went in? It’s the edition model :/
Apple doesnt swap any apple watches out. They send them in to be replaced or repaired. You are looking at least a week

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

As the above poster mentioned, Apple does not carry in-store replacements for Apple Watches. They have to be sent out to a repair depot, where they will diagnose the issue, then decide to replace your Watch under warranty if it’s called for it.

Norwegian_Imposter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
As the above poster mentioned, Apple does not carry in-store replacements for Apple Watches. They have to be sent out to a repair depot, where they will diagnose the issue, then decide to replace your Watch under warranty if it’s called for it.
Fair enough. I have apple care but I will contact Apple if the problem appears again. It seems to have self corrected. I think it overheated

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Apple doesnt swap any apple watches out. They send them in to be replaced or repaired. You are looking at least a week

I've broken 2 Apple Watches that were returned in 3-4 days each. Sent one in on a Monday, got it back Thursday (3 days). Sent one in on a Friday, got it back on Tuesday (4 days including a weekend). It might depend how far you're from the repair facility.

I live in Buffalo, the repair facility is in Pennsylvania, about 3 hours away.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
It seems to be the heat I’m in. 30 degrees c

Definitely faulty, then. As someone who lives in a hot climate where the days are regularly over 33C, I never have a problem with mine. Contact Apple support and explain that your screen occasionally shows a scrambled image and it happens more frequently on warmer days.

Reactions: nnoble

orourke

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2008
Fair enough. I have apple care but I will contact Apple if the problem appears again. It seems to have self corrected. I think it overheated

Apple care means you can use express replacement. Quickest way to resolve an issue.
https://support.apple.com/en-nz/watch/repair/service/express-replacement

If you’re travelling and know where you’ll be in a few days, Apple can organise to send it to wherever you’ll be. Had my Aussie watch express replaced in Canada, just give them a call to organise.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
That watch should be able to take 30C.
Air temp may be 30C, but if an object is in direct sunlight it can (read: likely will) get much hotter. Also, Apple Watch OLED screen is deep black and also just a thin plastic film, so will readily absorb heat and probably also get quite hot, due to low mass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.