Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced through its regional websites that Apple Watch Series 3 LTE models will be available to pre-order in Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, and the United Arab Emirates on Friday, June 8.

applewatchlte-800x526.jpg

Brazilian customers hoping to pick up and Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE can expect to pay 3,119 reais (about $826) for the 38mm model and 3449 for the 42mm model. Claro will be the sole network provider.

In Mexico, the 38mm LTE model will cost 8,999 pesos (about $441), while the 42mm LTE model will cost 9699 pesos (about $475). Stainless steel variants start from 13,999 pesos (about $685). AT&T and Telcel will provide the cellular coverage (via El Universal).

Prices in South Korea start at 529,000 won (about $495) for 38mm models and rise up to 829,000 won (about $774) for 42mm stainless steel versions. The carrier will be LG Uplus.

Finally, prices in UAE will start at 1,679 dirham (about $457) and will be supported by the Etisalat network (via Gulf News). In-store availability for all three countries begins on June 15.

The moves reflect the continuing expansion of Apple's cellular smartwatch market reach around the globe. Last month, the company made LTE variants of its Apple Watch Series 3 available in Denmark, India, Sweden, and Taiwan.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 3 LTE Models Available to Pre-Order in Four New Countries From June 8

Last edited:

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
a little over 3 months before the expected launch of the next one? I wonder if this means the series 3 [even if just the GPS model] will be sticking around alongside whatever is announced at a discount, and series 1 discontinued.

Reactions: RevTEG

Sartoria

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2015
Seoul, South Korea
While I was initially super excited about finally being able to buy one in South Korea (though I’d probably wait for Series 4 anyways), I’m kinda taken aback by the price :eek:
The stainless steel model has gotten a good 150 euro more expensive since I bought my series 0 stainless steel watch in Korea, a little disappointing.

Reactions: RevTEG and xDKP

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Brazil, Mexico, crime, tiny to non-existant middle class, I’m wondering why so many Apple products and services get to be released there before most EU countries.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I'm wondering why it's taking them so long to launch this model in The Netherlands. We're usually in the second or third group of countries to get the new stuff.

Need to launch alongside an operator. Seems to have quite specific network infrastructure requirements to support voice calling - still only seems to be EE in the UK (probably for technical reasons rather than business restrictions)

I'd expect that to improve but may not be a fast change if it needs infra upgrades

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
The slow rollout definitely has to do with carrier negotiations. It's interesting that LG U+ will be carrying the LTE version of Apple Watch in Korea because of two things: it is the smallest of the three major carriers, and it was the last carrier to support iPhones due to the lack of compatible 3G network (it gained support as VoLTE became viable). Now that the network is capable the company seems more eager to cater to Apple fans, probably to differentiate itself from the bigger competitors.

troc

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2006
The Netherlands
I'm wondering why it's taking them so long to launch this model in The Netherlands. We're usually in the second or third group of countries to get the new stuff.

I just asked this on twitter and T-Mobile responded that there are currently no plans but it will be looked into in the next period. Whatever that means.

It’s extremely annoying.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I just asked this on twitter and T-Mobile responded that there are currently no plans but it will be looked into in the next period. Whatever that means.

It’s extremely annoying.

Always good to hear they have no plans for something you care about, great answer.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
So the Series 4 model is 3 months away and these countries are just now getting it, what the actual ****... and they’re more expensive too!

Reactions: xDKP

mdellepi

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
Germany
So the Series 4 model is 3 months away and these countries are just now getting it, what the actual ****... and they’re more expensive too!
Well, not exactly. They are getting now the LTE version. Series 3 without LTE was available in those country at launch or shortly after.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
Well, not exactly. They are getting now the LTE version. Series 3 without LTE was available in those country at launch or shortly after.
And guess what, you can't get the stainless steel or ceramic models without LTE so

Reactions: RevTEG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.