Apple Watch Series 4 Black Friday Deals?

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I've seen a few places discounting the Series 3 watch for Black Friday. Has anyone seen any deals for the Series 4? I'm definitely upgrading my Series 0 for Christmas this year, but want to get the best deal. What does Apple usually do for Black Friday? I'm thinking I might just throw it on my Apple Barclay's card and get the 3x points and score a gift card.

Reactions: dcpmark

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
There was a $25 off on Series 4s at Sam's club a couple days ago. Not sure if there'd be much on the Watches anymore.

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
I haven't seen anything. Last year Apple gave gift cards but only on the S1. I preordered my Nike edition and have had it since launch, but am shopping for a 44mm Sport in Gold with the Sport band for my girlfriend. I might have to buy it soon, because if I buy it from Apple it won't come until Dec 5 as of now. (PS you are going to be amazed by the new watch, I had a S2 and am in love with the S4.)

tgara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
You may find deals on the series 3, but I highly doubt you’ll find deals on the series 4. It’s simply too new.

Are you looking for the aluminum or stainless steel model?

Jessica08

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2015
Roll Tide
I was curious on this as well. I haven’t seen any deals popping up on the series 4, but maybe Apple will do a gift card or something.

MacDevil7334

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Last year, there were tons of deal on the Series 1 (still on sale as the low end model) but virtually none on the Series 3 as it was the new model. Since the Series 4 is a substantial upgrade that has proven to be extremely popular so far, I would expect the same situation this year. Lots of deals on the Series 3 are already popping up. Apple is still quoting a couple weeks lead time on new orders for Series 4 watches. With that kind of demand, there’s not really any incentive to offer a discount if you’re a reseller. If we do see anything on the Series 4, I expect it will be a full price watch with a store gift card thrown in as a sweetener.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I'm looking for an aluminum sport. I got mine when they first released them. I remember around the holidays they were blowing them out for $50-$100 off the original price. I guess now that they have older models to discount they won't bother with the new stuff.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Doubt it. Can’t even find the stainless steel in stock anywhere. Unless you know someone who works for Apple. Wife’s cousin is an Apple recruiter so I got a 15% discount on my black stainless steel.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Doubt it. Can’t even find the stainless steel in stock anywhere. Unless you know someone who works for Apple. Wife’s cousin is an Apple recruiter so I got a 15% discount on my black stainless steel.
Even if Apple had the stainless steel Apple Watches in stock, they wouldn’t discount those, only the aluminum models if anything, or a full purchase price for the aluminum model with a gift card. I don’t recall the time if Apple directly ever discounted the stainless Apple Watch on Black Friday sales.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Even if Apple had the stainless steel Apple Watches in stock, they wouldn’t discount those, only the aluminum models if anything, or a full purchase price for the aluminum model with a gift card. I don’t recall the time if Apple directly ever discounted the stainless Apple Watch on Black Friday sales.
I forgot to add that it wasn’t a watch in stock. Ordered for pickup the 10th of December. Definitely not a Black Friday deal either.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
If you can find one on eBay today they have a 15 percent off deal site wide just add the promo code on the homepage - not sure what you’ll find, but I’m sure there are some Series 4s on there.