Apple Watch Series 4 & Carpal Tunnel Syndrome brace

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 1sazim, Nov 10, 2018.

1. 1sazim macrumors member

I have just been told that I need to wear braces on both hands at night due to carpal tunnel syndrome. I sleep with my Apple Watch Series 4 (love it!) and have done so with all my previous Apple Watches too since I use for the alarm and sleep tracking.
    Does anyone know if I can wear the brace over my watch? Will it damage the watch in any way (it's soft inside)? Will it change my readings?
    Thanks for your input.

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 68040

tromboneaholic

You should be able to wear the watch higher up on your forearm than at your wrist at night.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

4. 1sazim thread starter macrumors member

I'm going to try to post a pic. I put it next to my 9.7" iPad pro. The other one is exactly the same. They come approximately halfway up my forearm.

Attached Files:

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

You need to talk to your doctor. If you watch is under this brace it would be applying extra pressure to your wrist in that area. I have had wrist surgery to fix a ruptured tendon sheath due to a very heavy gold Rolex I used to wear long ago. I think it weighed over a pound! It now lives in a drawer and never on my wrist. I do have to wear my AW on my right arm.

6. 1sazim thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...worse comes to worse, it'll sleep on my charger at night for awhile until my surgery.

7. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Dstopsie

I to wear wrist guards at night for my carpal tunnel syndrome and there’s just no way I would be able to get a watch over of the wrist guard and it will be too uncomfortable to wear underneath

8. 1sazim thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! So far I've just worn on my right arm so I could wear my watch, but I think it's time to wear both. My watch will have to stay on the charger I think.