Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I received my Apple Watch series 4 Nike + edition tonight and I noticed that the button under the crown is flush to the body and I was curious if anyone else has has the same issue. I recall that the series 2 had the button protrude a bit. Did I get a bad unit? Or is this normal for the series 4?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I received my Apple Watch series 4 Nike + edition tonight and I noticed that the button under the crown is flush to the body and I was curious if anyone else has has the same issue. I recall that the series 2 had the button protrude a bit. Did I get a bad unit? Or is this normal for the series 4?

Its manufactured that way. By the way, Is this a replacement watch? If I recall correctly, you already owned a Series 4 previously?

Reactions: Ta0jin

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Its manufactured that way. By the way, Is this a replacement watch? If I recall correctly, you already owned a Series 4 previously?
I was hoping it was made that way and I didn’t have another issue lol.
Yeah it’s a replacement but I forgot if the first series 4 had a flush side button.

Reactions: 44267547

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Yup it’s part of the new design - I’m finding that I’m not accidentally when doing pushups pausing workouts by hitting both buttons because it is flush - now if only you could disable Siri for certain workouts where that button still gets hit

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
No you did not get a bad unit. All series S4 should be flush to the body.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.