Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Why does Siri say that "I can't get that answer for you on apple watch"? I was asking her where hurricane Dorian was located at. Cheers.

Siri is server based, not iOS embedded. Keep in mind, Siri can’t provide you necessary relevant results where a hurricane is currently being tracked ‘live time’, and just as a fair comparison, even asking Google, I didn't get an exact/specific answer on that either. I think Siri is more specific with ‘in-house commands’ with the Calendar/Messages/notifications/Home controls, things of that nature.

Last edited:

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Siri is server based, not iOS embedded. Keep in mind, Siri can’t provide you necessary relevant results where a hurricane is currently being tracked ‘live time’, and just as a fair comparison, even asking Google, I didn't get an exact/specific answer on that either. I think Siri is more specific with ‘in-house commands’ with the Calendar/Messages/notifications/Home controls, things of that nature.
I thought perhaps when at home it would use Wi-Fi to attain better results similar to iPad or iPhone.?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Absolutely agree. I don’t think anybody could honestly defend Siri in its current state. Unreliable, incomplete, almost irrelevant sometimes. Truly piss poor.

I can :D. I use Siri every single day for dictation through messages/emails/replying to notifications, in the car for Apple CarPlay, controlling various functionality direct through the phone and in my house, etc. (The list goes on.) I actually found Siri works really well when using its core functionality through commands/dictation. Where Siri struggles is not able to decipher every word [Which could be based on annunciation/speed of context] and external searches are not very good. Truthfully, I don’t know what I would do without Siri, because I really do find it a crucial part to my daily life through communication.

Is Siri in need of changes? Absolutely. I suspect those changes are upon us, now that John Giannandrea has taken over the A.I. Team at Apple.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Well you’ve had better luck with it than me. The amount of times I have to restart my devices especially to get HomeKit working otherwise I get the usual Siri error. It gets really boring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.