Apple Watch series 5 how to lock every time

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Have a series 5 lte version curious as to how to make watch ask for passcode every time without turning off wrist detection....I followed this video but a no go:

Wando64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2013
This video doesn't make any sense and is full of inaccuracies.

And I don't quite understand your question either.
The whole purpose of wrist detection is to automatically lock your AW when you remove it.
In any case, I don't think it is possible to set the watch to lock after a period of inactivity like a phone (I think this is what your are asking for?)

Where can I complain to get back the time I spent watching this ridiculous video?

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019

The whole purpose of wrist detection is to automatically lock your AW when you remove it.
In any case, I don't think it is possible to set the watch to lock after a period of inactivity like a phone (I think this is what your are asking for?)

Where can I complain to get back the time I spent watching this ridiculous video?
Yeah that video is awful. It's like he doesn't finish anything and jumps around.

Reactions: TheSkywalker77

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009

ha well don't know about your time....well i accidentally touch my screen and crown and figured i would search how to lock watch without turning off wrist detection....Im not that fluent with the apple watch whats in the video that que you to know its inaccuracies but yes to lock after certain time is what im looking for

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
ha well don't know about your time....well i accidentally touch my screen and crown and figured i would search how to lock watch without turning off wrist detection....Im not that fluent with the apple watch whats in the video that que you to know its inaccuracies but yes to lock after certain time is what im looking for
Not possible.

Why do you want it though when wrist detection works flawlessly?!

Significant1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2014
Have you tried to rotate orientation, so the chrown is pointing away from your hands? That has eliminated all accidental chrown presses for me.

Alternative You can enable water lock in control center.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
I believe the issue is to lock the watch screen/crown so it will not make unwanted things by accident. The watch is definitely "designed for California" and short sleeves. I have issues too when I have to dress multiple sleeves and/or gloves.
exactly
- - Post merged: - -

Have you tried to rotate orientation, so the chrown is pointing away from your hands? That has eliminated all accidental chrown presses for me.

Alternative You can enable water lock in control center.
hmmmm

Wando64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2013
exactly
- - Post merged: - -

hmmmm
Hold on, if the issue is to lock so that you will not activate anything by accident, this is very much possible.
Just use the "water lock":
When the water lock is activated, the watch will be unresponsive to touch.

Nothing to do with passcode and/or wrist detection.

Reactions: apolkowski