Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milhous

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2007
Got a Series 6 40mm GPS Apple Watch that died about a day after the watchOS 7.6.1 update was automatically installed. Not to imply that the update itself had anything to do with it, but it stopped charging at some point after that, and the battery must've ran down. Have tried force restarting and would see the lightning bolt turn red, then turn green to show it's charging, watch gets warm, then lightning bolt turns red again. Watch was less than 6 months old, and Apple is sending me a box for repair. Am curious to see if others had similar issues.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Got a Series 6 40mm GPS Apple Watch that died about a day after the watchOS 7.6.1 update was automatically installed. Not to imply that the update itself had anything to do with it, but it stopped charging at some point after that, and the battery must've ran down. Have tried force restarting and would see the lightning bolt turn red, then turn green to show it's charging, watch gets warm, then lightning bolt turns red again. Watch was less than 6 months old, and Apple is sending me a box for repair. Am curious to see if others had similar issues.
Did you try another charging puck?

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Edited because I need to learn how to read.

My microphone on mine stopped working after updating to 7.6. I got mine in March. Got a replacement but this battery is worse. Idk

milhous

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2007
Edited because I need to learn how to read.

My microphone on mine stopped working after updating to 7.6. I got mine in March. Got a replacement but this battery is worse. Idk
Weird, ok. I only have the original puck which appears and looks fine. I’ve also tried apple and non-apple power adapters without success. The watch does get warm while attempting to charge, but then stops. Getting a replacement?

shansoft

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2011
I have the same exact problem with latest update. The watch won’t get charge but does get warm. Also, after the battery die, it did get charged up until 10% then it would stop again. Sometime it shows up that the charger isn’t supported, but I am using the charger that it came with from first gen. It used to work until this update.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Weird, ok. I only have the original puck which appears and looks fine. I’ve also tried apple and non-apple power adapters without success. The watch does get warm while attempting to charge, but then stops. Getting a replacement?

I don’t know if it’s the battery or just my usage. I think it’s better since I turned off stay on display but I wished I’d paid more attention to the other one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.