Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themaestro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
Got them paired but my Watch is not registering any movement, steps etc. Everything is just zero

themaestro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
Don't think it's reading heart rate. Seems there's a lot of apps trying to download to the watch for the past 7 hours.

Phone is 17.4.1, watch version 10.4

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Don't think it's reading heart rate. Seems there's a lot of apps trying to download to the watch for the past 7 hours.

Phone is 17.4.1, watch version 10.4
You set your watch up as new I must assume, in which case there are no apps to download.
Launch the heart rate app and tell us what happens

Reactions: themaestro

themaestro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
I had little choice. Can I not download any apps for my watch now?

I will try to launch heart rate app

themaestro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
I'm not downloading apps. I was asking if I will be able to download the apps I already had on my watch.

themaestro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
So gmails are showing. However, I checked the Heart app. It says searching but doesn't load properly. Is Apple Watch 6 compatible with iPhone Pro 15?

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Is Apple Watch 6 compatible with iPhone Pro 15?

Of course it is.

The 6, though, has to be running a compatible Watch OS!

See, for starters,

and

“Always keep your ‌iPhone‌'s software up-to-date with the latest supported version of iOS, otherwise it may not pair with a compatible Apple Watch.”​

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Is Apple Watch 6 compatible with iPhone Pro 15?

The 6, though, has to be running a compatible Watch OS!

See, for starters,

and

“Always keep your ‌iPhone‌'s software up-to-date with the latest supported version of iOS, otherwise it may not pair with a compatible Apple Watch.”​

The OP is trying to pair to an iPhone 15 Pro...so we know it has to be running iOS 17, which in turn automatically means it's compatible with all older watches and watchOS versions.

Basically, iOS versions support all watches/watchOS versions that preceded it. Apple hasn't cut off compatibility in this direction, at least not yet. It's only when you want to use a newer watch/watchOS with an older iPhone/iOS that you have to worry about compatibility.

Last edited:

jimlat

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
make sure you have it backed up if you have any data which would be lost, such as health data.
Health data backs up to health…can’t back up if not paired…really the only way to get this pair functional and talking again

jimlat

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
Sounds like it’s trying to load every app on the phone that can go to the watch…in the watch app, go to general, turn off automatic app install, the go back one screen, scroll down to apps, install the ones you want and remove the ones you didn’t n’t need…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.