Apple watch size?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hammie14, May 7, 2015.

1. hammie14 macrumors regular

hammie14

I have ordered a 42mm space grey sport and the delivery is due in July. After reading this forum I have seen people saying that the glass can scratch easy so I have decided to buy a screen protector. It has arrived and in shocked at how small the screen protector is it the same size as a SD card which looks too small. Not sure if the company have send me the wrong size.

Can anyone with a 42mm watch and an SD card line them up and take a picture so I can see how big the screen is please.

If it's as small as it looks I may cancel my order, and I not near an Apple Store to see one for the next few weeks.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The Apple watch looks smaller in person. Why don't you just go to your local Apple store and take the screen protector with you?

3. hammie14 thread starter macrumors regular

hammie14

I'm not near an Apple Store at the moment, next time I can get to the store would be in 4 - 5 weeks and I don't want to cancel my order and have it pushed back just incase!

4. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Umm...why don't you just measure the protector?? If it's 42mm, it'll cover the screen. Hmm. Or is that the outside watch dimension?

5. hammie14 thread starter macrumors regular

hammie14

I have measured the protector and its 32mm high so I contacted the company who said sorry will send you a new one as check it before sending it, it arrived and its the same size so now I have the feeling the watch will be tiny!

Just wanted to double check, I know the glass is curved so not sure if this is the reason why the protector is so small!

6. flur macrumors 68000

That seems not right. I mean, yeah, the body of the watch is bigger than the screen, but not 10mm bigger. Which protector did you buy? Do you have a link?

7. hammie14 thread starter macrumors regular

hammie14

8. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

9. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

10. hammie14 thread starter macrumors regular

hammie14

11. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

Glass is not easily scratched. Ive been hard with mine and it looks pristine.