Apple Watch Space Grey vs iPhone 7 Black

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by philipfreire, Sep 22, 2016.

1. philipfreire macrumors member

philipfreire

Just curious how close in colour these two items are? I wish apple would keep a more controlled naming scheme for different products with colours that are similar.

Like Jet Black and Space Black even though they are different materials, the finish result is the same and look very similar. Why have different names?

The space grey on the iPhone 6/6s was completely different than the apple watch. Yet they had the same name... So confusing! So I'm wondering if they are now inline with each other?

2. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

"Grey" is different from "black", last I checked.

3. Vihzel macrumors 6502

I have the SG AW and Matte Black iPhone 7. They're fairly close but the space grey is definitely... greyer than the black. Basically a lighter black but not to the level of the grey that was on the back of the iPhone 6/6S.

You know a case color that is remarkably very close to the color of SG on the watch? Cocoa. If you go on Apple and look at a Matte Black with a Cocoa case, that's a good representation of the difference in colors.

4. Justim macrumors 6502

50 Shades of Ive.

My MacBook, iPhone, and watch are all mismatched. I'm ok with it for now.

5. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I have a space grey series 1 and a matte black iPhone. Looks gorgeous. Better than the space grey series 0 and space grey 6S Plus I had.