Apple Watch Sport Band - Midnight Blue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Dino F, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Anyone have any thoughts or own this colour? I have a 42mm Space Grey watch and wondering how the midnight blue will actually look with the watch?!

I currently have the black Nylon band (perfect for the warmer weather we are currently having here in the U.K!) but have been umming and erring over the midnight blue for ages now - I am SO indecisive...!!!!!
    :oops::p

2. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I absolutely love the midnight blue color. I have it on my iPhone 6 leather case and on a Sport Band for my silver Sport Watch. But living in Florida I can see what you mean with the warm weather thing. I now have three nylon bands because they are sooooooo comfortable and lightweight, and breathable so they don't cause sweat to accumulate. The midnight blue SB does look really nice though, maybe just not for the hotter months. And I think it would look excellent on SG.

3. broadbean macrumors 6502a

It's a nice dark blue, but can't help you with the Space Grey Watch case. Apple's Midnight Blue is usually so dark I'd call it "off black".

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I like it.
    Because it's a darker band, it can easily be worn in business casual attire.

I have an Amazon knockoff and the apple one. Not sure a $35 premium is warranted.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

It's my new favorite band for the space grey sport.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

Must admit i do like the midnight blue, subtle colour but different from everyone's SG sport's black

More pics here
    IMG_1267.JPG IMG_1268.JPG

7. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Guys the SG watch looks SLICK with the MB SB!!!

8. TBONE72 macrumors regular

To echo the other responses, it looks really nice and pics don't do it justice. It is very subtle, but in a great way. You can't go wrong with the Midnight Blue OP, unless you want something BRIGHT and FLASHY.

9. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

10. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

Thanks for all your responses - the midnight blue certainly looks awesome from the pics, and sounds like you all also agree!!

Looks like my decision has been made!!!!
    :)

11. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Love my MB sport band on my SS. It is my daily band.

12. broadbean macrumors 6502a

The lighting can certainly make a big difference.

13. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

MB is a great "neutral" color that goes well with all the AW models. I have a MB LL and love the color. You can't go wrong with a MB sport band.

14. slayerizer macrumors 6502a

slayerizer

This band would fit nicely with my Jeep! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. antnee macrumors regular

If you have a target near you look at the thread they are on clearance for 14.70 for those in the US.

16. Mac2me, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

The Target sale is over btw. It was a nice deal.

So while we're showing off Midnight Blue on different watch bases, here's mine on my SS.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its too close to black for me, and while I don't hate the color, but I own the black sports band, so I don't have any desire for this particular band

18. Nell macrumors regular

I have both the black and dark blue sport straps and wear both a lot. Although the blue is very dark I find it works with different clothes to the black strap. Now that the weather is warmer, I'm wearing the white strap again and the grey (pearl, I think) nylon one which is super-comfy in hot weather.

19. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Actually I think it's very close to black but also very different from black. Depending on the light the color can vary and be very blue or very dark to almost black. I think this color has its place amongst all the bands. I own the black and the midnight blue and I find myself wearing a midnight blue more on a regular basis because it kind of fits just as much as the black does. Once you get used to the color you kinda like it just as much if not more than the black.

20. broadbean macrumors 6502a

To me it's like wearing black vs dark blue jeans. One kinda feels a tad more casual, without being being completely informal.

21. BeatCrazy macrumors 6502a

I got this one at Target for $14.70 and love the color. Very different from my Royal Blue band, and can wear it to work without it being a distraction.

22. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I thought the same thing when I first got the band, and actually saw it first at nighttime so it did have a darker hue to it and I was thinking I made a mistake getting it. I will say after owning it and seeing it in various lighting situations, with different colored clothes on, it definitely sets itself apart from black. Black with blue jeans just doesn't look right to me if you don't have other clothing items in black. The black sticks out like a sore thumb. Especially with say for example, blue jeans with a red sweater. Black looks totally out of place. And even the new medium blue doesn't look quite right if the blue you are wearing is darker. The Midnight Blue does have its place in a wardrobe. Very navy blue.

23. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

The midnight blue band looks AMAZING with the space grey watch! (And for any rose gold watch owners reading this thread... it also looks AMAZING with the rose watch.)

It's one of my favorite bands!

24. playaproved macrumors 6502

This band is a must have for all collections. Right up there with Black and White as an essential piece.

25. ayobonus macrumors regular

I snagged the last Midnight Blue Classic Buckle at the Grand Central Apple Store today. I was really close on pulling the trigger on the Midnight Blue Sportsband as well, but I decided that I shouldn't. I already have the Midnight Blue Leather Loop as well, so adding the Midnight Blue Sportsband would be a little overkill, lol.