Apple Watch Sport- rebate??

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
I just saw an old unboxing video for the Apple Watch Sport, and the reviewer said not many people know it but the thing actually comes with a 100 dollars rebate- I actually saw him rips a bag and there it is- 100 dollar bill.
Was that a marketing trick just for the early models or are they still doing that?

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
A $100 bill inside a sealed Apple box? Even my 7-year-old kid wouldn't fall for it.
Seemed extremely weird to me as well, but that YouTuber (EverythingApplePro) is used to be very serious and I used to trust what he says. **** him then, that was very unprofessional of him

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Seemed extremely weird to me as well, but that YouTuber (EverythingApplePro) is used to be very serious and I used to trust what he says. **** him then, that was very unprofessional of him
I haven't seen the video, but perhaps he was using sarcasm as an allusion to the several $100 off rebates by retailers such as Best Buy and Target? Over the top seriousness yet nobody would be naive enough to realistically believe there'd be a $100 bill inside a sealed Apple (or any manufacturer for that matter) box.