Apple Watch SS for sport: opinions?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hemon, Aug 13, 2019.

1. hemon macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm very, very torn between aluminium and stainless because I think that the stainless (of course, with a sport band) would looks "not so good" at gym with a sport outfit or that the weight would be not so comfortable also compared to the aluminium.

What do you think?

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Watch bands can make a big difference. I wear my SS with leather bands for the office and when I go out for drinks and dinner and I wear sports bands for casual wear. Both the SS and the SBSS look great with sports bands.

3. nawr macrumors newbie

I think in a sense the larger "pro fitness trackers" are way worse looking and in-your-face than any AW at the gym. If you're worried about the looks with the sport band, I'd say the sport loop is a better option! I think both cases look fine with a sport outfit, and we're talking about a 10g difference in weight, so it isn't that horrible.

4. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

Depends on if you care about the watch scratching. The Aluminum screen is very prone to scratches whereas the stainless steel glass is like a tank that never gets a single mark on it.

For what is worth I use the SS to work out with every day and think it looks great. Do you really think other people are paying that much attention to the material your watch is made of?

5. AJ44 macrumors newbie

From a comfort standpoint I barely notice a difference, as someone else mentioned its mostly the band that makes the difference.

I prefer the stainless steel for working out for the better protected screen, when lifting the watch does have a tendency to get banged up at times and with the SS screen I've never had a problem.

I hope they bring back the Ceramic option, for me it was the best of all worlds being lightweight, durable with an upper scale appearance.

6. Atreyu25 macrumors 6502

Atreyu25

I run with my SS SB watch. Just use a sport band and you’re fine :)