Apple Watch SS Series 0?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Uplift, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Uplift macrumors 6502

Just a quick one... I'm about to list my Watch for a sale and was going to list as 'Series 0' i.e. the first ever generation.

I searched and couldn't find any other Series 0 stainless steel, then I remembered the stainless steel went straight from Series 1 (first gen) to Series 2, then Series 3.

Whereas the aluminium has a Series 0 (first ever gen), 1 (a refresh of the 1st gen), 2 (last years model), and 3 (this years model).

Is this accurate? and if so, I should be listing my 1st gen stainless steel as Series 1?

Thanks

2. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

No. The first gen (unofficially dubbed "series 0") was available in stainless steel. I know because I paid $700+ for it and had it on launch day. And it's slow AF. So it would be incorrect to label a first gen stainless steel model as series 1 unless it was the version that was released alongside the series 2.

3. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

I also have a S0 stainless steel Apple Watch and it is also slow AF.

But I basically just use it as a wristwatch, message notifier, and stepcounter/health tracker anyway so speed doesn't really matter to me.

You would be correct in listing it for sale as a S0, but frankly, due to the price decreases on brand-new, much faster Apple Watches, it might be in your best interest to keep it because it's likely you won't get very much for it.

4. KrisLord macrumors 65816

There was Apple Watch (Stainless Steel) and then Apple Watch Series 2 Stainless Steel.

You can’t label it as series 1 as that implies it has he same processor as genuine series 1 models which it doesn’t.

You don’t have to label it as Series 0, just call it Gen 1 which is apples official name for it.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Just use your Apple Watch listing as "First generation Apple Watch stainless". That way it eliminates any type of confusion away from the other models.

6. Uplift thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, guys. I'll go with 1st gen.. Oddly it looks like lots are calling it Series 1.

Apple and their confusing naming schemes:mad:
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    Yeah, it's shocking how little it's worth... My usage typically mirrored yours but don't have any use for it anymore so no need to keep it.