Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
I'm about to order now between these 2 combinations , it's $100 difference
Which one do you guys recommend ?

I had the space grey sport and sold it to get the steel , the sport band was very comfortable

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009

I had the space grey sport and sold it to get the steel , the sport band was very comfortable

I love my milanese and bought a sport band on the side.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I would go with whichever is shipping fastest unless you don't mind the wait. You can always get an additional band later.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
I love my milanese and bought a sport band on the side.

Yea that's seems like the best thing to do

I save $50 from buying the Milanese loop separate in the future , price $150

And the sport band is only $50

----------

I would go with whichever is shipping fastest unless you don't mind the wait. You can always get an additional band later.

Which one is shipping faster ?

What 42mm stainless steel version is shipping faster now ?

CrackerJackToy

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
I ordered the SS white sport band myself. I really want the Link Bracelet but $450 is just too much for my wallet. I really like the looks of the Milanese and want it as well. I'll probably rock the sport band for about 3 months, then grab the Milanese to change things up. It'll feel like an all new watch then! And the $150 price won't seem so overwhelming on top of the $600 I just paid for the watch itself.

alxy8s

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Athens, GA
I have each and would recommend the sport band. My watch came with the Milanese. It's very attractive looking, but it always started to be irritating as the day went on. Once the sport band came, it became my everyday band. I wear the Milanese if I have to dress up, but that's it.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Ok I went with the sport band $600 and got applecare too
So after tax the total was $700 , the same price of the Milanese 42mm SS
I'm good with that

I'll get the Milanese in the future

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

I ordered SS w/ Milanese Loop and just a few days ago sent the Milanese Loop back to Apple in exchange for a Sport band.

The Milanese loop for me was not comfortable enough to wear every day. the edges of the band kept snagging my arm hairs when I tried to slide the watch up or down on my wrist. I'm much happier with the Sport band.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
Love the Milanese loop. Gets dirty fast but a toothbrush and soap do the trick once a week. The sport band just doesn't feel right. Feels like the wristbands everyone wears and doesn't belong on a watch imo. Haven't had a problem pulling my arm hair if I adjust the tightness appropriately. If you like your band loose and it to move a lot maybe not the best option as it will pull your arm hair. I keep it snug but not tight.

image.jpeg

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Get a SS with Sports, and get a Milanese loop as separated band now or later, that way you will get a good looking case come along with Milanese to store your Milanese when not in use, instead of paper used for Sports band.
Same price in both combination, but with extra case for Milanese.

Trust me, you still need a Sports band since it is so easy to clean and comfortable to wear without worry about getting wet or getting dirty.

Reactions: OTACORB

danniexi

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Ok I went with the sport band $600 and got applecare too
So after tax the total was $700 , the same price of the Milanese 42mm SS
I'm good with that

I'll get the Milanese in the future
thats what i did. i originally ordered mine with the white sports band as i wanted to take it to the gym, yet it still looked good with all of my other daily outfits. i did eventually get the milanese to be my daily driver and use the original sports band as part of my gym wear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.