Apple Watch Stainless or Space Black Steel - Workouts?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ManNBlack, Sep 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ManNBlack macrumors member

Hello,

Anyone out there actually use the Apple Watch like the Sport edition? Too heavy? Gets too beat up? I want to use mine like a sport, but I want the quality of the Space Black Steel.

Any opinions?

Thank you,
    Sean

2. ibitegirls macrumors newbie

ibitegirls

i've used stainless with no problems, but it just doesn't feel right, and looks out of place.

why not just buy a sports band for workouts. its super easy to switch them

3. DredPirateStorm macrumors member

DredPirateStorm

I plan on using my Stainless for workouts as well. I got a Milanese loop for normal every day wear and a spare Sport band to use when I'm working out.

4. ManNBlack thread starter macrumors member

I will use a sports band, but I mean the actual watch case. I can't imagine it /looks/ out of place with a sports band, but I am not sure how much the weight difference makes. I would guess many people do this.

Thanks.

5. anuheakane macrumors newbie

I just used SB with Milanese band today for weights (dumbbells and barbells) and treadmill running. I did covered the edges with X-doria Defense Edge hoping for no dings on the black finish.

I did accidentally hit the screen with the end of barbell a couple of times, but no scratch (yay sapphire!)

However the band was getting slightly loose during cardio - I'll probably going to use the Sport band for gym later.

6. profets macrumors 68040

I've been using original SS watch for nearly 16 months for workouts almost every day - running, cycling, swimming, strength training, triathlons.. Always with a sport band. At first I was worried that SS would look a bit too flashy, but it's been great.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Body or band? Working out with SS band just seems uncomfortable. Also douchey.

Body -- the weight difference b/t Sport and regular is subtle. I don't think that matters unless you are a canary with a broken wing. But Sport is lighter.

8. profets macrumors 68040

Yes, been doing lane swimming in a pool and have also done many open water swims since last year (including several during triathlons). I got to the point where I wanted to have the watch on to track all my activity/workouts, and it was always fine in water. I mean, it is rated for 1m depth continuous for 30 minutes. While swimming it was never submerged for 30 minutes continuously.

9. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

I like the AW SS for running. It looks sharp and for some reason... I like the heft!

10. ManNBlack thread starter macrumors member

OK, so my card was charged and and I am in "Preparing to Ship" mode.

How long before it actually ships?