Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GemLAD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2015
ESvr1VO.jpg

Sydney Australia

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
They had these in London as well, I was thinking the they must be specially made bands/watches for the screen to be facing up.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
They had these in London as well, I was thinking the they must be specially made bands/watches for the screen to be facing up.

Those aren't real watches. Just fake displays that look like watches. If they were real it would be a security risk.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Brilliant attention to detail! I don't think these are at my local store [Robina, QLD] due to limited space inside the store. But yeah, they do just look like a solid block of stainless steel. They don't have a Digital Crown either by the looks of it right?
Would be awesome if someone could get a closer shot!

Armski

macrumors regular
May 28, 2015
Englishman in NY
Saw this about 2 weeks ago at the Huntington Walt Whitman Mall on Long Island, thought it was nothing new as there was absolutely nobody standing around it. It is cool thought, the bands feel very stiff and plasticy (not like the actual band at all) and the watch of course is not real. It's just a shell.

Last edited:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Brilliant attention to detail! I don't think these are at my local store [Robina, QLD] due to limited space inside the store. But yeah, they do just look like a solid block of stainless steel. They don't have a Digital Crown either by the looks of it right?
Would be awesome if someone could get a closer shot!

I examined these at my local UK Apple Store last week. The stainless steel "block" is the same size as a 42mm watch. It is a solid block - no crown or buttons. They look very smart in store. I guess it's a cheap and very effective way to show off the straps.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Managed to take a look at one yesterday. I quite like it.

If today's reports of uniforming product packaging for accessories and having a more premium look. This display will stick out like a sore thumb, in a good way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.