'Apple Watch Studio' Offers Over 1,000 Different Band and Watch Finish Combinations

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 10, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today announced the new Apple Watch Series 5 with its Always-On display as the headline feature. At the same time, the company unveiled new Apple Watch finishes and band combinations that allow customers to create a look that's uniquely their own using its new online Apple Watch Studio.

[​IMG]

Previously, Apple paired case finishes with select bands, but the company's new Apple Watch Studio lets customers pick a case and band style they like. According to Apple, the new online watch studio offers over 1,000 different watch customizations, due to the added mix of case and band styles now available.

The Series 5 aluminum models are available in silver, gold, and space gray, while the stainless steel models also come in silver, gold and space gray finishes. However, new to the Series 5 are titanium cases, which come in either a natural or space black finish.

The new bands include brighter colors close to lemon and orange, as well as pine green, midnight blue, and aubergine hues. For Apple Watch Nike, there are new colors of the Nike Sport Band and reflective Nike Sport Loop, while Apple Watch Hermès introduces a color block band with Della Cavalleria print, and an all-black version.

New Apple Watch bands are available to order today from Apple's online store and in the Apple Store app, with availability beginning Friday, September 20.

Article Link: 'Apple Watch Studio' Offers Over 1,000 Different Band and Watch Finish Combinations

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Something I’ve been wanting for years. No need to pay for extra useless bands anymore. I get the band I want from the beginning.

3. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

It's hard to tell from the picture, it would be great to know if the aluminum gold is back to more natural gold color versus the pinker rose gold of the recent years. (I'm assuming still rose gold from the pic!)

4. MacUser09425 Suspended

MacUser09425

Driving home during this section of the presentation: more complications? And are they Watch 5 exclusive?

5. miniroll32 macrumors 65816

miniroll32

Probably the best announcement of the keynote, which says a lot.

6. cknibbs macrumors regular

Hmmm can anyone find information about what models use the sapphire crystal display instead of the ion glass? I’m slightly concerned they may have done away with the sapphire...

7. Zxxv macrumors 68040

It’s on the website. Or in the apple store app. Stainless has sapphire still. Sport model has ion glass. Didn’t look any further. You have the app right. Look at the tech specs.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This is awesome. I know it took a while to come to fruition, but the customization is the best part about the Apple Watch, this finally lets the user make it ‘their own’. There’s a lot of capability here for Apple to expand on this to make it even better.

9. Mactendo macrumors 68000

10. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Been wanting this since 2015. I remember talking to members of the Apple Store Executive Relations Team about this. They do take feedback seriously and they do meet regularly with Tim Cook and the other executives to discuss user feedback (I was told this directly), so it's good that my feedback has been incorporated, along with other feedback I've given about making the iPhone Upgrade process smoother. Only $50 more to get a Leather or Milanese Loop is a good deal and makes the $100 extra for the Titanium model easier to swallow.

I built one with brushed Titanium (raw) and a black Leather Loop and it looks really sharp. But I'm going to hold off on upgrading this year since I have a Series 4. Hopefully they continue to offer the titanium model in the future because I want it so bad!

11. cknibbs macrumors regular

I looked everywhere on the site... Couldn’t find it under tech specs, or under the compare section either! Thanks for the info!

12. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Well, a 'no band' option would be nice too but isn't possible I believe. This is still an improvement though.

13. Chaka Jon macrumors regular

Chaka Jon

I’ve said it all along, we should be able to buy the watch WITHOUT a band.

Even though today’s custom announcement is a step in the right direction, this still can’t be done. Am I correct? Did I miss that part?

I don’t need anymore bands. I rather save $49 on a new watch.

14. Icestyle macrumors member

Icestyle

No watch studio in Austria, no titanium and ceramic models either. What the hell?

15. Zxxv macrumors 68040

All models. You can see the only one with ion glass is the sport model. All info in tech specs when viewing watch.

:)
    2D0E675B-F8E0-4C6C-A359-0F6D31D45B38.jpeg EFCF509A-4773-412E-AC8A-C8CF25E2C2BE.jpeg 5B8D6FD9-6AB2-4C33-BFA9-3EB83FE3A5EA.jpeg FC6CE34D-58EB-4ABB-99C6-32575C84DA4E.jpeg

16. kyykesko macrumors 6502

kyykesko

So where to find information of the case materials and their differences? Why would I want to pay $1300+ for ceramic? Looks only?