Apple Watch tells the time and weather so well

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kendo, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Kendo, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016

Kendo macrumors 68000

This is going to sound like a joke thread but it isn't. Most people expect the Apple Watch to change their life like the iPhone. For me, I only wear a watch because I feel naked without one and because I use it to tell the time. Although most people don't use an iPhone to actually talk these days, the Phone feature of iPhone is the best version of making a phone call (easy access to recents, contacts, dialer, voicemail, etc.).

With telling time, I feel like the Apple Watch is the best version of getting the time and weather in one quick shot. My day usually starts by looking at the weather and time on my iPhone. Now all that info is so easily obtained by looking at my wrist. I know all this sounds like a joke, but this is coming from someone that spent years opening the weather app on the iPhone every single morning.

Everything else is icing on the cake. iMessage notifications, checking my heartbeat, and the activity tracker are cool but not something I would actively use. I use my iPhone to check email and respond to messages, and I don't need an activity tracker to tell me how much I've burned since I go to the gym on a regular basis with my own routine.

2. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I can't wear my AW to the office at my new job, and I still habitually check my wrist for the temperature before I leave the building.

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

When the Apple Watch was first released, Apple claimed it was 50 milliseconds of the Global Time Standard. That's fairly accurate.

4. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

I am married to a farmer which means I need to know the weather in detail. He asks constantly and he would never wear a watch although he has learned to look at his iPhone - when he remembers to carry it! The watch gives me instant access which I love.

5. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

And that's what Apple intended for it to do, was allow the user if not having to rely on the iPhone for certain capabilities. The Apple Watch serves as a Middle ground.

6. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

Just curious - your job does not allow an apple watch? Any particular reason? Do they also not allow phones either?

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Nope, no phones, either. No mp3 players, no bluetooth headphones, no personal electronics. Nothing that could be conceivably hacked into becoming a wireless recording-transmitting device. They gave me a laptop for teleworking, but it's got a bunch of security stuff on it, too.

8. democracyrules macrumors 6502

I totally agree with the comment above as I am on the same boat with the OP.

9. MVPinFLA macrumors 6502

I also agree with the OP. I used to pull out my iPhone regularly to check the weather, now it is easily seen on my watch. Many years ago Timex had an Indiglo watch that illuminated. I always wanted one, but they stopped making them. The Apple Watch does an even nicer job with illumination, so that it is so easy to see in the dark. I love the other features too, but time and temp are the most used.

10. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I love having the ability to schedule reminders, send text msgs and dial the phone using Siri.

11. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Text messages work fairly well. I would like to see Siri with a voice in the future, to allow More freedom without looking at the Watch with feedback.